IGI Spirit Week is September 11 – 16th
- Monday, September 11th = Red, White, Blue Day
- Tuesday, September 12th = Pink Leotard Day
- Wednesday, September 13th = Crazy Hair Day
- Thursday, September 14th = Chicago Sports Team
- Friday, September 15th = Inside Out Day
- Saturday, September 16th (National Gymnastics Day) = IGI Leotard Day
For the Saturday IGI Leo Spirit Day, we have some cute, new IGI leos in our pro shop featuring a fun, multicolored back and colorful jewels on a black front!
Nastia Liukin, the 2008 Olympic All Around Champion visited IGI on May 22nd. During her hour-long session she gave short talk, followed by a Q&A, meet-and-greet, and autograph signing session! A big THANKS to Nastia for visiting IGI!!!
IGI’s GIJO team continually shines as one of the best in the state. Our recreational gymnastics competition team has open tryouts Sunday, June 4 from 1-4 pm. While this is a best fit for gymnasts who have mastered most of our Platinum level skills, the coaches look for girls who have the necessary form, dedication, or skills to make them enjoy a year of competition. You can view a general guidelines on our website. If you’re interested, please contact the office (630-325-3333) to put your child’s name on the tryout list.
IGI gymnast Anastasia Webb had a great showing at the 2017 Nastia Cup meet including 3rd place on bars. Her scores were: Vault – 9.575, Bars – 9.550, Beam – 9.450, Floor – 9.325 for a 37.900 AA. Her routines can be seen on the USA Gymnastics YouTube channel.
Anastasia qualified to the Nastia Liukin Cup at the 2017 Chicago Style Meet. The Nastia Liukin Cup features the top 18 Senior and 18 Junior Qualifiers from across the country, and was held Friday – March 3rd at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.
Anastasia posted scores of: Vault = 9.600, Bars = 9.725 Beam = 9.550 and Floor: 9.675 for an All Around total of 38.550.
Anastasia will be attending the University of Oklahoma next season on a full gymnastics scholarship . Oklahoma is currently the #1 College program in the country and is the reigning NCAA National Champion.
Nastia Liukin Cup, March 3, 7:30-10 p.m. ET
Television and web video coverage
- NBC Sports Network. NBC Sports Network will carry the 2017 Nastia Liukin Cup tape-delayed from 11:30-1:30 a.m. CT on March 5.
- NBC Live Extra. The 2017 Nastia Liukin Cup will be live streamed via NBC Live Extra, which is available online at NBCSports.com/live or for iOS and Android mobile devices. Coverage begins at 630 p.m. CT and will not require authentication.
- USA Gymnastics on YouTube. USA Gymnastics will post coverage of the Nastia Liukin Cup, including all-around routines and post-competition interviews with both the junior and senior all-around champions.
Ways to follow
- Online. Fans can find event information from starts lists to live scores by visiting the official Nastia Liukin Cup webpage, www.nastialiukincup.com. The page is easily viewable on smart phones and other digital devices.
- myusagym iOS app. Fans can follow the scores from the 2017 Nastia Liukin Cup live using the myusagym app for iOS devices available in the iTunes store. Those without iOS devices, can follow the scores at myusagym.com with any mobile device or desktop computer.
- Social Media. USA Gymnastics is providing live updates and exclusive content from the Nastia Liukin Cup on Facebook (facebook.com/USAGymnastics) and Twitter (@USAGym@USAGym
). Gymnastics fans can follow the action easily and join the conversation on Twitter by using the official hashtag of the event, #NastiaCup.
Former IGI gymnast Hayley Sanzotti was just featured in an article about her experiences as a gymnast at Utah State University. Head Coach Nadalie Walsh had this to say about Hayley: “Three words sum up Hayley,” Walsh said. “She’s reliable, dependable and mature. Those are three words that just really encompass her. Her gymnastics has always been outstanding, but as far as consistency, you can put money on her that she’s going to do what needs to be done, and if she needs to, she’ll even step up and shift the atmosphere. When I say that, she’ll get the rest of the team to watch her do her beam routine and then everybody is re-engaged if we had any sort of downfall.” Congratulations Hayley!!!
Former IGI Gymnast Lexi Funk was honored as the Big Ten Freshman of the Week. Lexi, now at the University of Michigan, was named Freshman of the Week for the first time in her career. Last week she scored a 9.825 or better on all three of her events. She tied for second on floor with a season-high 9.875. Her 9.825 on bars matched a career high and her 9.825 on beam was her second-best score of the season. Lexi also scored a career high 9.925 on beam versus Maryland on February 5th. Congratulations Lexi!!!
IGI Gymnastics is hosting the 19th Annual Chicago Style Gymnastics Meet February 10-12 at Chicago’s Navy Pier. Chicago Style is the largest Women’s Gymnastics Competition in the World featuring gymnasts from the US as well as many other countries!
For complete information go to: http://chicagostylemeet.com/
The holidays are here! Drop your kids off with us from 7:30-10:30 on Friday, December 16 to get some shopping in!
IGI Senior gymnast, Anastasia Webb, signed a National Letter of Intent for a gymnastics scholarship to the University of Oklahoma. Oklahoma is currently the #1 NCAA program in the country and is the reigning National Champion.
OU Head Coach KJ Kindler had this to say about Anastasia:
“When you speak with Anastasia, it is impossible not to hear the joy in her voice when she discusses family, gymnastics and becoming a Sooner. Her vitality and happiness are completely contagious, but inside lurks a fierce competitor. We are captivated by her demeanor when she takes to the competition floor. There is great confidence there and I believe it was cultivated through her family and her training. We are certain Anastasia will be an all-arounder for OU right out of the gate. She had a breakout season last year making the JO National Team after several years as an Elite. She is a very powerful and quick vaulter and tumbler, and yet an extremely graceful dancer. She has great confidence and there is no doubt she will be a team leader in competitions.”
Anastasia is from Morton Grove and is an academic honor roll member at Niles West High School, she plans to major in health and exercise science at OU and wants to become a physician assistant. She was recruited by numerous schools including: LSU, Alabama, Stanford, Utah, Denver and Michigan.
Other former IGI gymnasts to compete for Oklahoma are Haley Scaman (2012-2016) and Kayla Nowak (2010-2013).
- USA Gymnastic JO National Team Member
- 2016 Region 5 All Star Trip – Costa Rica
- 2016 JO National Championships
- Second in All-Around
- First on Floor Ex
- Second on Bars and Vault
- 2016 Region 5 Championships
- First in All-Around, Vault, Bars, Beam, Floor Ex