IGI returned to the School Year Class Schedule on August 20th:
IGI Gymnastics is looking for energetic, friendly, dependable individuals who enjoy teaching and building confidence in children.
- Birthday Party, Open Gym and Weekend Front Desk Staff
- Recreational, Preschool and Ninja Zone class coaching opportunities
Don’t have experience but love working with children? IGI will train you!!!
Please click the link below and fill out the online form:
For Columbus Day, October 9th:
- IGI will be holding all Regular Classes
- There will be a Special Columbus Day Open Gym:
- $10 per child
- Waivers must be completed by parent or guardian: IGI Waiver
We are thrilled to announce that Laurie Hernandez, 2016 Olympic Gold and Silver Medalist, will be on hand on Friday, February 9, 2018 to help us celebrate our
20th Anniversary IGI Chicago Style Meet!!!Laurie Hernandez won a gold medal in the team event for the United States and silver on the balance beam at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. She is also competed on season 23 of Dancing with the Stars.
IGI Spirit Week is September 11 – 16th
- Monday, September 11th = Red, White, Blue Day
- Tuesday, September 12th = Pink Leotard Day
- Wednesday, September 13th = Crazy Hair Day
- Thursday, September 14th = Chicago Sports Team
- Friday, September 15th = Inside Out Day
- Saturday, September 16th (National Gymnastics Day) = IGI Leotard Day
For the Saturday IGI Leo Spirit Day, we have some cute, new IGI leos in our pro shop featuring a fun, multicolored back and colorful jewels on a black front!
Nastia Liukin, the 2008 Olympic All Around Champion visited IGI on May 22nd. During her hour-long session she gave short talk, followed by a Q&A, meet-and-greet, and autograph signing session! A big THANKS to Nastia for visiting IGI!!!
IGI gymnast Anastasia Webb had a great showing at the 2017 Nastia Cup meet including 3rd place on bars. Her scores were: Vault – 9.575, Bars – 9.550, Beam – 9.450, Floor – 9.325 for a 37.900 AA. Her routines can be seen on the USA Gymnastics YouTube channel.
Anastasia qualified to the Nastia Liukin Cup at the 2017 Chicago Style Meet. The Nastia Liukin Cup features the top 18 Senior and 18 Junior Qualifiers from across the country, and was held Friday – March 3rd at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.
Anastasia posted scores of: Vault = 9.600, Bars = 9.725 Beam = 9.550 and Floor: 9.675 for an All Around total of 38.550.
Anastasia will be attending the University of Oklahoma next season on a full gymnastics scholarship . Oklahoma is currently the #1 College program in the country and is the reigning NCAA National Champion.
Nastia Liukin Cup, March 3, 7:30-10 p.m. ET
Television and web video coverage
- NBC Sports Network. NBC Sports Network will carry the 2017 Nastia Liukin Cup tape-delayed from 11:30-1:30 a.m. CT on March 5.
- NBC Live Extra. The 2017 Nastia Liukin Cup will be live streamed via NBC Live Extra, which is available online at NBCSports.com/live or for iOS and Android mobile devices. Coverage begins at 630 p.m. CT and will not require authentication.
- USA Gymnastics on YouTube. USA Gymnastics will post coverage of the Nastia Liukin Cup, including all-around routines and post-competition interviews with both the junior and senior all-around champions.
Ways to follow
- Online. Fans can find event information from starts lists to live scores by visiting the official Nastia Liukin Cup webpage, www.nastialiukincup.com. The page is easily viewable on smart phones and other digital devices.
- myusagym iOS app. Fans can follow the scores from the 2017 Nastia Liukin Cup live using the myusagym app for iOS devices available in the iTunes store. Those without iOS devices, can follow the scores at myusagym.com with any mobile device or desktop computer.
- Social Media. USA Gymnastics is providing live updates and exclusive content from the Nastia Liukin Cup on Facebook (facebook.com/USAGymnastics) and Twitter (@USAGym@USAGym
). Gymnastics fans can follow the action easily and join the conversation on Twitter by using the official hashtag of the event, #NastiaCup.
Former IGI gymnast Hayley Sanzotti was just featured in an article about her experiences as a gymnast at Utah State University. Head Coach Nadalie Walsh had this to say about Hayley: “Three words sum up Hayley,” Walsh said. “She’s reliable, dependable and mature. Those are three words that just really encompass her. Her gymnastics has always been outstanding, but as far as consistency, you can put money on her that she’s going to do what needs to be done, and if she needs to, she’ll even step up and shift the atmosphere. When I say that, she’ll get the rest of the team to watch her do her beam routine and then everybody is re-engaged if we had any sort of downfall.” Congratulations Hayley!!!